- I provide therapy for individuals (18+) seeking to engage in the most important relationship they will have; the one with themselves. Together, we are going to identify what obstacles are in your way, and most importantly- what defenses you are using that may be blocking you from emotional engagement, trauma healing, relationship satisfaction, maladaptive coping strategies, etc.
- Additionally, I provide couples and family work (age 18+) to foster communication where you can be heard, a place to name your emotional needs, and a safe and nurturing place to identify healing for all those involved. These collaborative goals are based on the acceptance of the couple or the family members through a free video consultation with all parties to assess the right fit for services.
- Couples: Are you entering new stages in your relationship? - maybe you have decided to cohabitate, enter a commitment, or start a family. Perhaps you just want to learn how to be heard with the person you love. All these spaces involve communication and compassion. These may not be skills you were taught or feel aligned with in your partnership. Couples therapy is for ALL couples who want to learn to engage with each other on deeper levels and create more intimate and meaningful connections.
- Families: Families experience conflict. There are a variety of reasons this can happen, yet what most people want to achieve is to be heard and understood, experience conflict resolution, and heal to bring about togetherness. This can be learned and activated through learning non-violent communication strategies along with experiential emotion focused/attachment healing in session work. Sometimes we don't realize there is something impacting us until it's not there anymore. Families can learn to undo fear, anger, hurt and resentment that is impacting them to allow for compassion, understanding, and desired closeness to enter the family unit.
- I am licensed in the states of Oregon, California, and Washington. I can provide therapy to any person/party located in either of these states through the telehealth model and in person to Portland based clients. This allows for families throughout these states to engage in therapy via telehealth.
- I use a variety of different techniques as you are not a one size fits all individual. I utilize evidence-based therapy models effective in behavioral change like Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Mindfulness, and Motivational Interviewing to illicit action. In conjunction, I additionally infuse emotion focused techniques from Internal Family Systems (IFS) & Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy (AEDP) to connect with and process through emotions and healing in trauma.
- At the heart of each session, I use Client-Centered Therapy techniques of unconditional positive regard, genuineness, and empathetic understanding. You are the expert of your life. This piece of time you are carving out is all yours, all about you, and dedicated to your well-being. I am here to help guide you, much like your GPS. You are in control of the wheel, and I will re-calculate the route along the journey if needed.